Thursday, July 5, 2007

Charlie is an Eagle Scout!!!

A couple of months ago, I attended an Eagle Scout ceremony for my cousin Charlie. He is my only boy first cousin on my Mother's side. Growing up I wasn't sure how well I knew him, but over the past several years I have learned this...he is loyal, determined, well liked by his peers, smart, musically talented, a great: son, brother, cousin, and grandson, he has a great sense of humor, he likes games ( and to win!), he has a calm and quiet spirit, is great with children, he works so hard at everything he does and most of all he finished one of the most prestigious honors in America - his Eagle Scout badge! Sitting through his ceremony I heard amazing statistics about how past Eagle Scouts have gone on to do amazing things in their lives and I know Charlie will as well. He has worked very hard and deserves this amazing honor. He is headed off to Texas Tech in the fall as a freshman and I couldn't be more proud for him. We love you Charles! :)

1 comment:

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Yes, Charlie is brilliant...I have always thought that...can't wait to see how he blows us all out of the water with his accomplishments. ha! :)First maybe he will freak out a little...I mean he IS in college...c'mon Charlie...freak out a little...he has been the most insanely PERFECT kiddo so far...Jack - are you watching Charlie? I hope so. :)