Thursday, July 10, 2008

Have A New Kid By Friday

Okay, I have been reading a million parenting books since Anna Claire was born, trying different approaches for the "strong willed child" the Lord has blessed me with, but nothing has touched me or appealed to me until I read this...
This book is changing my life and I haven't even completely put it into practice! I have read it cover to cover in two days and it is just what I need for my Anna Claire! It is a mix of tough love, love and logic and biblical principals all rolled into one. It has things that every parent should read, even if you don't agree with it or want to use it. Are there things I don't agree with about it? - Sure! But, the majority of what Dr. Leman says is quite great! I would love to meet this man...
... not only as a parent, but a teacher as well and thank him for keeping it real! I think I will REALLY appreciate this style even more when she is 15, but even so I am hooked.
Love...love...love it!

1 comment:

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

You KNOW I will have to check it out - is it similiar to Love and Logic at all??? More than the book - I LOVE your new BLOG LOOK! So, you told the AC story about the doctor was that POST-Connolly visit? Is she now OK? WE LOVED SEEING YOU ALL...what joy to have family that makes you smile just thinking about them - filled with love when you leave them and joyful knowing that next time will be filled with JUST as much fun! :)