Sunday, March 25, 2007

"Down on Grandpa's Farm there is a ..."

We love visiting Nanny and Pappy's farm in Fairlie, Texas. I have so many memories from various visits over the years. There is no place like it. Everyone just moves at such a relaxed pace-it is a breath of fresh air considering the insane pace we move in week to week! It is probably the most comforting place I have ever been. It smells like my Nanny's cooking and looking out on the land my Pappy has worked on longer than my lifetime gives me a great sense of pride. Where else can you eat three amazing meals regardless if you are hungry or not, catch up with family, sleep in then wake up to a homemade breakfast waiting for you and look out the window to a country "postcard scene"? It is so special and has always been somewhat magical to me and now Anna Claire loves it just as much! She loves watching the cows, dogs and cats and the attention she gets from Nanny and Pappy and of course the tractor ride is a major bonus. :) How fortunate I am to watch my daughter play with her Great-Grandparents! I cherish every moment. "We wub you Nanny and Pappy!"

1 comment:

Grandmother said...

Of course my blogging name is Grandmother for Jack and Julia, but just wanted to say, I am glad Anna Claire gets to spend Fairlie time with Nanny and Pappy too. I spoke with a counselor once who asked me, "When can you think back to the time in your life that you felt the safest and most stress free?" My answer was at my Nanny and Pa Julian's house in Fairlie when I was little and got to spend the night by myself at their house. I knew every minute that I was there with them that they just so purely loved me from their hearts. I am glad you got to feel that and are now sharing it with your daughter. It's a lifetime memory. Love you Jill and Anna Claire, from Aunt Jo